From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Considering combining the core.metamodel and the core.progmodel modules
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 10:09:51 GMT
Hi folks,

just sounding people out on this... currently in core we have the
core.metamodel module, which defines all the facets that have a bearing on
the semantics of the model, and we have core.progmodel, that defines
implementations of these facets for the standard Isis programming model,
along with any other facets that don't influence semantics (eg
ByteValueFacet, EnumFacet).

Although the above distinction might make sense from a purist viewpoint, in
practical terms it would seem to make the codebase harder to grok.
 Certainly, Jeroen mentioned this to me offlist, and I admit that I too
find myself searching for Facet impls.

So, the suggestion is that we simply combine these two modules together.

Does anyone have a strong feeling on this?  If not, I'll probably tap away
on it next week.

Thx
Dan