From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Repeated rereading of configurations
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:23:24 GMT
(Without digging into the code to confirm), as I recall the idea was that
IsisConfiguration is an immutable object, whereas IsisConfigurationBuilder
is mutable (cf StringBuilder and String).  However, each time we load an
Installer, we go looking for a corresponding properties file (eg
persistor_datanucleus.properties), which may contribute some additional
properties into the configuration.  So we need to invalidate our current
view of the configuration properties because there are more to add.

I don't think I ever changed this algorithm from the original
implementation that I presume you wrote... though I have undoubtedly
refactored it over the years.  So if you wanted to simplify it (eg to have
a single mutable IsisConfiguration and dispense with the whole notion of
IsisConfigurationBuilder), then I wouldn't object.  One simplification, for
example, might be to have a flag on IsisConfiguration whereby we can tell
it is that it is fixed and no further properties should be added.

Dan