From Dan Haywood <>
Subject Re: A DSL for Apache Isis programming?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 07:26:27 GMT
On 3 October 2012 15:08, Minto van der Sluis <> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> If Xtext is a class then XCore is an instance. In fact Xcore is probably
> implemented using Xtext.

Yeah, that's what I kinda guessed.

> For Isis you can create a whole new DSL unknown to others or you can
> reuse existing DSL's like XCore to populate the meta model.

> Another interesting project to have a look at is Mod4j -
I see that mod4j builds on top of XText.  But it's code generation of the
various layers of the architecture is a solution to a problem that the
naked objects pattern already solves (we just do that gumph at runtime, not

And, as you say, it looks like it might have died as a project.

So... still think that XText is the place to start with this.

Thx for the discussion on this; interesting!