From "Razvan Cojocaru" <...@razie.com>
Subject RE: A DSL for Apache Isis programming?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 12:39:57 GMT
Let me have a whack at it - your example reminds me of something I was going
to try for a while now (OSS/J common business entities specifications) in
the OSS/J Common API http://www.tmforum.org/OlderAPIVersions/4676/home.html

Cheers,
Razie

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Haywood [mailto:dan@haywood-associates.co.uk]
Sent: October-05-12 2:37 AM
To: isis-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: A DSL for Apache Isis programming?

Hi Razvan,

On 4 October 2012 15:42, Razvan Cojocaru <pub@razie.com> wrote:

> XText is a great external DSL in Eclipse - have you considered an
> internal
> DSL: Scala? Many editors with content assist in all popular
> environments, online etc...
>
> Here's an example ...

Thanks for the suggestion; Scala in general is something that I'd like Isis
to support (there is some support for Groovy already), but I hadn't twigged
(or had forgotten) about the internal DSL facility of Scala.

This whole area is likely to be only of niche interest (ie not really
strategic to Isis as a framework); but I do imagine it'll probably be quite
fun just to play with.

Dan