From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: AROW viewer now on github
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 19:32:42 GMT
belated...

On 28 June 2012 03:09, Adam Howard <howard.adam@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Those icons are nice...
>
> I found them on the IconArchive website[1]. They are all under different
> levels of CreativeCommons [2][3].

Thanks - I'll reference them from the icons site.

> >> Also, if you'd like, I could host the apacheisisdemo app on my heroku
> >> account.
>
> ... your Revenue Commisioners project on github[4].

Sorry, had misunderstood.  Yes, would welcome that.  Though it's not a
priority for me.

>  >> One question on the json viewer implementation though. Is it planned
> >> to support not including repository methods in the json that are
> >> annotated with @NotInServicesMenu? Or is there another way to handle
> >> that? Your model has alot of contributed actions that I see are not
> >> displayed in the html viewer.
> >>
> > We can certainly support it, though it'll have to be via the "extensions"
> > json-prop, probably of one of the domain-types representations.
>
> Couldn't those actions just be excluded from the service's json as if they
> were
> hidden? It seems like that is what the html viewer does…
>
> I just went back to look at the apacheisisdemo and I see that you've
> annotated
> the repository classes as @Hidden (CustomerProfiles) but the methods are
> not
> annotated (profileFor). This must be why the repositories don't show up on
> the
> htmlviewer but the methods are still contributed on the objects of their
> first
> argument. I have some methods that should only be contributed but they are
> in
> repositories that should not be hidden.
>
> So, firstly, it looks like @Hidden repositories are still included in the
> /services representation in the json-viewer (even in trunk as of last
> week).

In which case, that's an error in the restfulobjects-viewer (nee
json-viewer).  I've made a note to fix (unless you fix first!)

> And, secondly, is my original question. Can methods annotated
> @NotInServicesMenu be excluded from the /services representation but still
> included as contributed actions?
>
> Yes, that's certainly the intent of that annotation.  So, I've made a note
to check this also.

> ..Thanks for setting up the git repo. This is my first git
> project so I still need to learn the best way to work with all of these
> separate
> but related repositories (Apache Isis, AROW, and my sample app).

You might have noticed that I finished renaming json-viewer to
restfulobjects-viewer in the SVN trunk, and that has now been pushed to my
github.dom/danhaywood/apacheisis repository for your delectation.

Cheers
Dan