From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Running a specific unit test
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:34:58 GMT
Hi Adam,
yes, sorry about all those @Ignore'd tests.  It's not very professional of
me to have left them in there.

The story is that I was attempting to develop the Isis viewer in
conjunction with the RO spec, while at the same time supporting Richard
(Pawson) and Stef (Cascarini) who were developing the .NET equivalent [1].
 Long story short, they caught up and overtook my own implementation in
Isis.  Those @Ignore was a result of me getting lazy and dropping the tests
that I had broken while attempting to maintain velocity.

On the other hand, one of the things that Richard and Stef have also done
is written ~300 end-to-end tests against their implementation, for version
1.0.  My intention is to take them and port them from C# to Java, such that
they become a "TCK" for the spec.

As regards the Isis tests, best to carry on ignoring them.  I will go
through at some point and salvage them as best I can.  Create your own new
tests though for the patch you are working on.

Thx
Dan

[1] http://restfulobjects.codeplex.com