From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: AROW viewer now on github
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:46:18 GMT
On 27 June 2012 06:35, Adam Howard <howard.adam@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I've put my javascript/desktop/drag-and-drop viewer code on github and
> I'm calling the project AROW for A RestfulObjects Workspace.
>
> https://github.com/adamhoward/arow
>
> I hope I've made it easy enough to try out for anyone interested. I've
> also updated the demo page.
>
> http://simple-dusk-6870.herokuapp.com/arow-fpc.html

Very nice work, coming along nicely.

Those icons are nice... always on the lookout for new ones [1] ... are they
open source?

> Dan, I found the apacheisisdemo project in your github and cloned it
> to try with my viewer. It worked ok but I hadn't built in "contributed
> actions" support. I've added that now for single argument methods.
>
> One question on the json viewer implementation though. Is it planned
> to support not including repository methods in the json that are
> annotated with @NotInServicesMenu? Or is there another way to handle
> that? Your model has alot of contributed actions that I see are not
> displayed in the html viewer.

We can certainly support it, though it'll have to be via the "extensions"
json-prop, probably of one of the domain-types representations.

More generally, I want to find a way to (a) help you carry on developing
your viewer, while (b) carry on with the json-viewer and getting it up to
1.0.0 of the spec.   Those two are somewhat in conflict - if I commit
changes that break your viewer, I can that'd be annoying for you (well, I'd
get annoyed, at any rate).

So, what I'm just doing is creating a github clone of the apache isis
codebase.  I'll keep this reasonably up-to-date as a read-only copy, and
then you can, if you want, clone it and do "git pull" as-and-when you are
ready.  Does that make sense?  At any rate, I'll do that clone this today
at some point.

> Also, if you'd like, I could host the apacheisisdemo app on my heroku
> account.

Thanks, that might make sense.  Though Mike's server has been very
reliable, so it's not causing us a problems.

I've been playing around with cloudbees, which is also very good... is a
"Jenkins in the sky", along with a deployment architecture based on EC2.
I'm considering setting up a semi-official account there for the
apache-isis team (obviously, I'll start a separate thread and discussion on
that).

> Thanks all.
> --
> Adam Howard

Thanks for all your hard work, really great to see.

Cheers
Dan

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/isis/icons.html