From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: move to git?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:06:30 GMT
Thanks for all these opinions (and welcome, Deepak).

To me, it sounds that a sensible approach might be to explore the git
mirroring that Benson mentioned, so that those of us who want to start
using git can, but the canonical repository is still svn.

Then, once we (well me, at least) have gained some skills in git, and once
ASF has more fully-rounded support, then we could transition fully.

~~~
Kinda related... both Mark and Benson, our mentors, and also Jukka Zitting
(the incubator chair) are suggesting that we are ready for graduation.  At
least, this is what I believe Jukka's covering notes for the June 2012
report to the ASF board will say.

We need to do a vote on graduation here, of course.  If the vote carries
then maybe moving to git might be one of the things to do post-graduation
(since there'll be a number of other admin tasks to do at that stage,
anyway).

Dan