From Dan Haywood <>
Subject Re: Legal concerns for a Javascript client to Isis' JSON (Rest) viewer (was: Re: Introduction and another viewer)
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:04:42 GMT
On 17 June 2012 18:31, Adam Howard <> wrote:

> I did some googling and this [1] may be him [2]. I don't have a
> twitter account and I can't InMail on LinkedIn.

I've mailed him and pinged via LinkedIn, not yet heard back.  I'll chase in
a day or two.

> One more legal question then I'll get back to work. What
> considerations come from including other javascript libraries. Two
> examples:
> jQuery UI Touch Punch [3] is dual licensed as MIT and GPLv2. Is it ok
> to include it as part of my distribution? I've added it to my example
> app and now I can drag and resize dialogs on the iPad. See screenshot
> [4] or live app [5].

I am sure this is fine; it may still require some sort of confirmation from
the authors that this is their code.  Mentors?

> You mentioned ExtJS. That is licensed solely under GPLv3 but has open
> source license exceptions for non GPL projects including ASL.

I'd like to say yes, but it's an excellent question, and worth getting
clarification on (for other Apache projects as well as ourselves).

I've raised a ticket on LEGAL [1].  There's not always a very fast
turn-around, hence raising it right now while you are working on other