From "Richardson, Jason - FSA, Kansas City, MO" <jason.richard...@kcc.usda.gov>
Subject RE: move to git?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:44:53 GMT
Sorry to side track, but what about CVS?

Jason Richardson
National Payments Service (NPS) Technical Lead
USDA/FSA/AFAO/SCADG
(Administrative and Financial Applications Office)
(Service Center Accounting & Debt Group)
Office Ph: (816) 823-5296
Cubicle:  3NW024
NPS I.T. Matrix (JIRA)
NPS Email Groups Listing

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Haywood [mailto:dan@haywood-associates.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:01 AM
To: isis-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: move to git?

do you know... is there any more detailed guidance from ASF anywhere on using svn as master
with a git.apache.org clone?  I'm thinking this might be a good interim step.

Thx
Dan

On 12 June 2012 14:23, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Dan Haywood
> <dan@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi Benson,
> >
> > am I right that the reverse direction would be using "git svn"?
>
> For a committer, yes. For someone just offering patches, it's
> attaching them to JIRA, or emailing them to the list.
>
> There's a web page explaining how to clone a git.apache.org repo, and
> then tweak it so that you can go on from there with git svn.
>

> > Dan
> >

> > On 12 June 2012 14:06, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> You can do that without moving. Ask infra to set up a
> >> git.apache.org mirror of isis. Then he can clone that. The reverse
> >> direction is not as convenient, but it's not awful.

> >> bring

> with
> be

> hosted
> be

> E.g.
> >> no

> >> .gitattributes

> http://timclem.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/mind-the-end-of-your-line/

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended
recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the
information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal
penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
and delete the email immediately.