From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: move to git?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:31:05 GMT
Hi!

We use git in DeltaSpike. The question is how much benefit it would bring for Isis.

Git is really nice for some use cases but not so nice for others. E.g. no native line-ending
conversion support, no binary support, etc

I've written up a comparison here:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/SVNvsGIT
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide

It's quite some work and a few things like Jira commit tracking still doesn't work.

LieGrue,
strub