From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: More on the Oid refactor
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 09:29:26 GMT
Hi Dan,

Firstly, I'd suggest keeping this thread to isis-dev only - it being "behind
the scenes" and should not impact on users.

But otherwise, hard work and a lot of thought, I can see.

For my part, I can't really see any problems, and I'm just hoping that
my apps will continue to work without refactoring when you're done! :)

I realise that my Cayenne OS will take a hit, but ID's are problem for
me there anyway, as I still have problems managing ID's between the
Cayenne back-end and the Isis back-end. Each thinks they "own" the
IDs, and each has their own table to hold next ID.

Another comment: as for "stringifying" the IDs, I assume you're only
talking about the OIDs themselves. For the SQL-OS I've been trying to
ensure that there is a "string-free" path when-ever possible - meaning
that my "to table" and "from table" methods work with binary objects as
much as possible.

For the IDs, this generally means that I need a method of mapping the
ID to/from long (the database table default).

I don't know if this affects anything on your side.

Regards,
Kevin