From Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>
Subject Re: Domain-library class request: PDF output
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:31:15 GMT
Hi Kevin,

I've used JasperReports, which calls iText. I had some ideas for how this could be used in
Isis, aside from licensing issues, along these lines...

A Report is itself an Object, encapsulating the details of what we want to "print", such as
filters, fields (and maybe expressions defining composite/ derived fields) all taken from
a Domain Object. Also agregate fields (total, average, max..) and grouping "bands" in which
these agregates would appear.

Isis could create a "default report", maybe as a context menu operation from within Viewer.
User could then add or remove properties on the Report and save it under a different name
such as CustXyzReport. It would be nice to handle "joins" over >1 domain objects, and maybe
styling.

Best Regards

Mike Burton
( from  iPhone)

On 20 Sep 2011, at 17:52, Siegfried Goeschl <sgoeschl@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> unfortunately I have a lot of experience but you would need to explain how the PDF generation
should work in your opinion regarding content and layouting