From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Umbrella tickets - open or closed?
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:58:01 GMT
Hi Kevin,

My view would be that umbrella tickets should be closed either
a) if the committer making the series of changes (like all your recent
updates to the objectstore) judges that they are now done, or
b) if a release is going to be made, so that the release notes can correctly
reflect current state.

If you think that (a) is true but then later (and before a release has gone
out) you decide you want to reopen the ticket, that's seems ok by me also.
 But I don't think that tickets should be re-opened after a release has gone
out, as that would invalidate that release's release notes.

Other opinions?

Dan