From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Domain-library class request: PDF output
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:52:53 GMT
Hi Kevin,

unfortunately I have a lot of experience but you would need to explain
how the PDF generation should work in your opinion regarding content and
layouting

+) the iText approach is more or less building a PDF by code

+) Apache PDFBox allows filling out PDF forms and creation of simple
PDFs based on text data

+) Apache FOP is a way to go but FOP templates and XSLT is, well, difficult

+) my latest approach is converting HTML to PDF using "wkhtmltopdf"
(http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/)

The main question is the layout - is it static or user-defined?

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl