From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: General updates to the SQL objectstore
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 20:10:50 GMT
Hi all,

Ok, this time I've tested it, and it works!

Collections of both "interface" and "abstract class" are now supported
by the SQL objectstore. I believe the same is true for properties, too.

The collection loader now cycles through all subclasses of the
collection type, trying to load all instances that belong to the parent
collection.

I've also added the ability for the allMatches(queryPattern) to accept
any class that implements a desired interface, not just used concrete
implementations - so that you can now construct a filter that ignores
unwanted value types. More on this later when I've had a chance to
update the documentation, with examples.

I'll be able to make collection management smarter only after
someone shows me how to extend the byte-code enhancer to call the
(as yet unwritten) objectstore "removeFromCollection(collection, item)"
and "addToCollection(collection, item)" methods (is this even
possible? How is "resolve()" automatically called, at the moment?).
At the moment, since the objectstore can't tell if items have been
added or removed without comparing against the stored list, it always
clears the list and re-writes it to the tables.

Regards,
Kevin