From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: SQL-OS now supports Interface properties
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:26:08 GMT
Hi Dan,

On 3 Sep 2011 at 15:56, Dan Haywood wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time on this, and what you've implemented (or are
> implementing) does look like the classic solution (as done in JDO, JPA
> and also in NO.Net's layering on top of EF).

This is good news! Example of a pattern in action...

> Since you seem to be making good progress, I'm going to keep on the
> sidelines for now on this issue.

I think I have solved Barry's recursion problem - I've been able to catch
the automapper trying to create a mapper for the class currently being
mapped. It might not be very stable, though - some more testing is
required (order of fields might be important and multiple collections of
the current class are not tested).

I may have implemented support for subclassed types, as well but I
haven't tested these - I'm tired now and will write more tests tomorrow
(or later).

In the mean time, please feel free to experiment and tell me what
doesn't work.

I think collections of interfaces still don't work.

Regards,
Kevin