From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject SQL-OS now supports Interface properties
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 12:56:17 GMT
Dear all,

In trying to address Barry's problem, I have added simple support for
properties to be interfaces. See ISIS-117 and ISIS-118.

By storing the full concrete class name along with the Oid, the
following is now supported:

    // {{ PolyInterface
    private PolyInterface polyInterface;

    public PolyInterface getPolyInterface() {
        return polyInterface;
    }

    public void setPolyInterfaceType(final PolyInterface polyInterface) {
        this.polyInterface = polyInterface;
    }
    // }}

where PolyInterface is an interface:

public interface PolyInterface {
}

An optimisaton might be to store a reference to a lookup table of full
class names instead of the full class name with every instance, but I
wanted to get the concept working, first.

I still don't have support for collections (even of interface), nor sub-
classed classes (the SQL-OS does not preserve properties of super-
classes, only the immediate properties of the subclassed class - so an
abstract super-class with no persisted properties, only actions, might
work, too ).

Regards,
Kevin