From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A modest suggestion about testing versus release votes
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 18:40:16 GMT
To brief what Benson suggested and to put it into steps we can do the following:

1- Declare the intention of preparing a release
  1.1- Stop committing new changes to trunk
  1.2- Make primary tests for building from source and running unit tests
  1.3- Making sure that all features addressed for that release are
done and bugs are solved
  1.4- If new bugs which can block the release are found, then we
start again from step 1.2

2- Produce the release artifacts
  2.1- Given the steps in section (1) are completed as described
above, this step is mainly to make sure that produced release
artifacts hold the
         criteria required by ASF.
  2.2 If problems found, we cut a new release and we keep do till we
produce _the_ release candidate with which we can go to the general@.

Thoughts ?

--
Thanks