From dan haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Poms updated to 0.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:52:18 GMT
On 14 July 2011 09:17, Kevin Meyer - KMZ <kevin@kmz.co.za> wrote:

> As discussed previously, one of the others of us should handle the
> next release.

Was thinking it'd be good to establish a regular release schedule, say every
6 weeks.  But for this next release it might make sense for you (if you're
volunteering) to start cutting the next release immediately - it'll probably
take 6 weeks to fully go round the loop!

> On 14 Jul 2011 at 7:46, Dan Haywood wrote:
>

> A quick philosophical question: The following packages refer to 0.1.2
> ./framework/quickstart-archetype/pom.xml
> ./framework/runtimes/dflt/profilestores/sql/pom.xml
> ./framework/security/sql/pom.xml
> ./framework/viewer/json/viewer/pom.xml

Hmm, that sounds like a mistake.  They should all be
0.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.  My merge must have missed those.

If you have the time, please update, otherwise I'll do them tonight.

> Should all the modules move together, or are we going to have
> different versions?  I mean, I've just introduced the sql profilestore and
> security modules.
>
> Keeping all modules with the same version makes version
> management easier, but it does (implicitly) lend an (un)deserved
> maturity to them... ?

When Rob and I have discussed this in the past, we've thought that we would
want to do this... However, my view is that doing so too early will
unnecessarily make Isis harder to grok for new users; they don't want to
worry about v0.1 of this and v0.2 of that.

Maybe once we've graduated we could get to a more sophisticated model?

Dan