From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit 1148917: Changes for Maven3
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:59:43 GMT
Hi Kevin/all

Yes, sorry... a half-done commit.  Ain't Fisheye wonderful though!

Anyway.... following your recent work on Maven3, I did try out building
the site using Maven3, making local edits to the pom.xml to (a) remove
the enforcer-plugin restriction on Maven version and (b) bumping
mvn-site-plugin version from 2.2 to 3.0-beta-3.  Doing that I *did* find
that it built successfully for me.

What r1148917 commit was commit was just (a); I was forgetting that the
mvn-site-plugin version needs updating too, and I was also forgetting
the point you've made, namely that making the change prevents building
the site in both Maven3 and Maven2 (for the reason you describe).

That said, I don't think it's a big deal if the site can't be built
within Maven3.  So long as we continue to allow developers to build Isis
itself within Maven2 or Maven3, that should be good enough.

Therefore, I propose to:
i) update the mvn-site-plugin version to 3.0-beta-3
ii) update the contributors guide to make the point that building the
site is only supported in Maven 3
iii) close off ISIS-11 [1] since it will have been addressed.

Any objections to this, please reply here.

Thx
Dan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-11