From Robert Matthews <rmatth...@nakedobjects.org>
Subject Re: commit messages and JIRA
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:59:01 GMT
Indeed. But the slope goes both ways. How often do you then end up
creating the tickets; or do you slip an improvement in behind another on
another ticket.

Let's go with umbrella ticket and revise the plan as we see fit. Along
as we don't ignore that spelling mistake, leave in the poor formatting
or forsake improving the codes readability then we'll be fine, but if we
find ourselves thinking better of it then we should worry.

Rob

On 20/07/11 10:44, Dan Haywood wrote:
> If we make an exception then it's a slippery slope... how small is small?
>
> It doesn't take long to create a new ticket in jira.  My view is that an umbrella ticket
is a reasonable compromise.

> Dan
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 20 Jul 2011, at 10:07, Robert Matthews<rmatthews@nakedobjects.org>  wrote:
>
>> Could we not just agree on some commit heading that will cover these cases.

small incremental improvements?
>>> My suggestion is to create an umbrella ticket that will get closed out for the
release.  For example, I created ISIS-107 for fixes to documentation links on the website.