From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject commit messages and JIRA
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:23:46 GMT
Now that we have a first release out, I'd like to ensure that there's
some traceability in changes being made...   That way we can be sure
that our release notes for subsequent releases will be reasonably
comprehensive, as well as meaning that users will gain confidence in us
as being a properly-run project.

So, what I'd like to propose that any commits that we do to the codebase
are cross-referenced to a JIRA ticket.  For example, if working on
ISIS-105, then the commit message should be something like: "ISIS-105:
sorted out formatting".

Opinions?

Thanks
Dan