From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: Problem with non-support of Collections as arguments.
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:23:55 GMT
Hi Iain,

> I'm currently doing a bit of research/reading about alternate text-file
> based code generators that look like they might produce cleaner Java
> code. EMF seems to provide E* versions of all classses, and seems a
> little top-heavy for what you need, especially considering that you want
> to use Isis as the runtime engine!

Look at dishevelled:
http://www.dishevelled.org/codegen/

Looks closest to Emfatic, with generated code having no dependency
on any other classes. Might need some tweaking, though, to prevent
generation of unwanted methods, like "addAll".

This *does* raise an interesting question, though: Does anyone see
any advantage to writing 100% compatible Velocity templates for use
with codegen, to generate Isis apps? Iain, maybe you could add this to
your thesis? ;)

I'm seeing the a merge of the Velocity templates with the Isis Eclipse
templates...

Is there any advantage to this?

Regards,
Kevin