From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: Poms updated to 0.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:10:54 GMT
On 14 Jul 2011 at 9:52, dan haywood wrote:

> Was thinking it'd be good to establish a regular release schedule, say every
> 6 weeks.  But for this next release it might make sense for you (if you're
> volunteering) to start cutting the next release immediately - it'll probably
> take 6 weeks to fully go round the loop!

Heh - my thinking would be to start the 6 week timer now - don't want
to harass the Isis community with the next version just yet.

> > A quick philosophical question: The following packages refer to 0.1.2
> > ./framework/quickstart-archetype/pom.xml
> > ./framework/runtimes/dflt/profilestores/sql/pom.xml
> > ./framework/security/sql/pom.xml
> > ./framework/viewer/json/viewer/pom.xml
> >

> Hmm, that sounds like a mistake.  They should all be
> 0.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.  My merge must have missed those.

I do a "find ... -exec grep -l "0.1.2" ..." to locate old version numbers.
Works very well.  If I knew more sed, I could write an auto-upgrader:
find . -name "pom.xml" -exec sed -i 's/0.1.2-incubating/0.2.0-
incubating/g' {} \;

> If you have the time, please update, otherwise I'll do them tonight.

I couldn't build the 0.2.0 framework until I fixed them. I've already
commited the changes.

> When Rob and I have discussed this in the past, we've thought that we would
> want to do this... However, my view is that doing so too early will
> unnecessarily make Isis harder to grok for new users; they don't want to
> worry about v0.1 of this and v0.2 of that.

Indeed, that makes sense at the moment.

> Maybe once we've graduated we could get to a more sophisticated model?

We can revisit later, yes.

Regards,
Kevin