From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: Problem with non-support of Collections as arguments.
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:13:22 GMT
Hi Iain,

> > The @Ignore method lets Isis introspect and support "SimpleClass",
> > with method "doodleCollectionClass" ignored (and not visible).
> >
> > In your case, you're saying that the issue comes from
> > AnidirectoryPackage (although, none of the methods you provided:
> > eInverseAdd or eInverseRemove, look like they should cause any
> > problems?).
> >
> > This would require you to @Ignore any method in your domain classes
> > that have a AnidirectoryPackage (or derived class) as a parameter.
> > Likewise, ensure that AnidirectoryPackage, etc, are not listed as
> > services in isis.properties. If you need this class, wrap it (see below).
>

> I've given this a shot - annotating methods that depend on
> AniDirectoryPackage. Unfortunately, the mere presence of the latter
> class causes the exception to be thrown. I've tried stripping out
> dependencies to see if there's a particular one causing it, but no
> luck.

Seems odd. I don't know enough about how Isis introspects domain
classes to know why its picking up a class that is not used.

> As for wrapping AnidirectoryPackage, I'm trying to do so by having
> as an inner class. Unfortunately, static methods and variables
> (along with an interface that depends on one of its variables) are
> making this tricky (as these are only allowed in top-level classes).
> I'll keep hammering away at it, unless you have a better suggestion?

It seems wrong - I feel that you should only be needing to re-
implement a few methods.

Just to confirm, you are using:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Emfatic

which is a text-file based extension of:
http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseEMF/article.html

I'm currently doing a bit of research/reading about alternate text-file
based code generators that look like they might produce cleaner Java
code. EMF seems to provide E* versions of all classses, and seems a
little top-heavy for what you need, especially considering that you want
to use Isis as the runtime engine!

Regards,
Kevin