From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis release 0.1.2-incubating (RC5)
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:56:19 GMT
On 08/07/2011 10:03, Kevin Meyer - KMZ wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I've just tried to use the RC5 sources to create an example via
> archetype, and it failed - it was trying to use 0.1.2-incubating-
> SNAPSHOT (I always remove any prior trace of isis, and run maven "-
> o" offline).
>
> Delving into the RC5 sources, I found that:
> isis-0.1.2-incubating/src/site/resources/archetype-catalog.xml
> references "0.1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT"
>
> Shouldn't this reference 0.1.2-incubating?
That particular file is a static file that's used in the current
website, but will be obsolete once this release is out.  So this is a
documentation bug only... thanks for finding it.  I've gone ahead and
deleted it from trunk for the future.

> If I manually edit and change the version (and follow up with an "mvn
> archetype:crawl"), then I can create from archetype and run them all
> successfully - dnd, json, xhtml and html via the quickrun module,
> wicket and scimpi via importing the project into Eclpse (Helios) with no
> problems.

The version of the archetype is found from the
~/.m2/archetype-catalog.xml. So when you say you obliterate earlier
versions of Isis, do you also remove/edit this file?  As you probably
know, mvn archetype:crawl updates this local copy of
archetype-catalog.xml, so that may be things work once you've run that
command?

> If the above version issue is considered non-blocking, let me know, so
> I can reveal my vote.
I'd consider it non-blocking.

Cheers
Dan