From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A modest suggestion about testing versus release votes
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:30:03 GMT
Hi Benson,
Sure, do appreciate what you are saying, and it has become clear to me
as I've been cranking out these RCs how to do dry-runs all the way up to
a staged release.    Indeed, I did do several trial uploads for RC5 to
the staging repo, found an issue, and then dropped that repo in order to
go round the loop again.

If I'm cranky it's cos I've noticed various inconsistencies in releases
of some TLP and other incubating projects, along with various incomplete
and sometimes contradictory advice.  Can be frustrating trying to get
the "perfect" release out when the definition of "perfect" is variable.

Thx anyway, do appreciate your advice.
Dan