From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with non-support of Collections as arguments.
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 21:10:48 GMT
Thanks for all the detail, but I can't quite visualise it. Can you paste some source files
with all the different bits (ie a small test case that exhibits the problem)?

Thx
Dan

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Jul 2011, at 21:02, Iain Flynn <flynni7@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> The wrapper is a class containing Isis methods that has an empty subclass of AbstractDomainObject
has an inner class, an instance of which it has as an attribute. The wrapper has the ADO methods
and calls the inner object to take care of them.

> (I've actually discovered since last time that this wrapper may well not be necessary,
but I don't have reason to believe that's relevant here.)

> EMF generates a class for each domain object I feed into it. These classes have the attributes
and operations I specify, as well as some EMF helper methods.

> EMF also generates two classes for the model, known in my project as AnidirectoryFactory
and AnidirectoryPackage. The latter is the one using the EMF class (EResource) that has the
reference to addAll().

> The AnidirectoryPackage, to paraphrase the provided description, contains accessors to
the classes and their operations, features, and datatypes for use by EMF's metamodel.

> As this class is the one with the offending reference, does this sound like something
to try composition with? It does use EResource as a return value, but I don't believe the
generated classes make any references to it.