From Iain Flynn <flyn...@cs.man.ac.uk>
Subject Trouble with relationships - "Object already persisted"
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:58:44 GMT
Hi, so I've started using Isis for my MSc project. I'm currently writing a simple application,
but I've hit a rather large snag.

I have a couple of classes that have a containment relationship with other classes. I use
a reference to the contained object and only allow instances of the contained to be created
by the container - this works fine.

However, if I have a class that refers to another domain class that can be created independently,
I get an 'object already persisted' error. I can't see what is different about the two cases
- I have a newWhatever method implemented in their repositories, where they are persisted
(I haven't set up a bi-directional relationship) using the persist() method.

I get the feeling that I'm missing something very simple here, and any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you for reading,

- Iain.