From Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>
Subject NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher - fixed
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 10:23:19 GMT
Hi Folks,

A while ago I had a problem running mvn 2, solved as follows, noted here in case anyone else
encounters similar.

I installed Maven3, Seam needs it, but Isis needs Maven 2.
So Installed Maven2 in a separate dir, not sure whether the problem was that installation,
or the fact that I have Maven 3 and 2 on same system.

Running Maven2 I got this error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher
	Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher

Looking into my Maven2 command / shell script, /usr/share/maven-2.2.1/bin/mvn , I see it is
trying to use the classpath:  M2_HOME/boot/classworlds-*.jar
I noticed that /usr/share/maven-2.2.1/bin/mvn/boot was not readable to all  (ie rwx --- ---)
 likewise the lib/ directory, so I needed to:
 sudo chmod 755 /usr/share/maven-2.2.1/boot
 sudo chmod 755 /usr/share/maven-2.2.1/lib

All good now!

Best Regards

Mike Burton