From Robert Matthews <rmatth...@nakedobjects.org>
Subject Re: a JSON-based RESTful protocol.
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:58:06 GMT
I've noticed a similar thing in a help index that I have had to
implement recently.  While starting off with a set of fully qualified
class names I noticed that for the domain classes (where the class was
ultimately accessed by the user) we never used the same name as this
would be confusing to the user. With that in mind we now assume that all
the class names are unique so can safely refer to them using their short
names.

Now as Dan said, these will depend on the OID in question but we might
want to adapt its interface so it can provide both the original internal
form and a suitable user identifiable form.  So in the original example
com.mycompany.Order|123 would be available as Order|123 and Dan's JPA
example, ORD|123 would also become Order|123.

Regards
Rob