From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject moving examples and domain-libs out of trunk
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 07:40:21 GMT
Hi all,
As you probably saw, the vote for 0.1.2-RC4-incubating didn't get
through, the main reason that some people voted on one version of
source-release (the one I manually uploaded from my target directory to
my home address), and others voted on the one that mvn automatically
uploaded to the staging repo.  That fact invalidates the vote.  I'll
update the release process in the contributors guide so that in future
we only call a vote on the one uploaded to the staging repo (which for
various boring reasons would also seem to be better, ie have less/no
spurious artifacts in it).

Anyway... since we need to go round the loop yet again, it seems that I
may as well address some minor issues that - while not showstoppers -
could be tidied up.

One of these is arranging things so that the examples and domain-libs
modules, which are not part of the main modules, don't get zipped up
into the source release.  To address this, I think it means we need to
move them out of trunk.

What I propose is to go from:

trunk/
     pom.xml
     core/...
     examples/...       [A]
     domain-libs/...   [B]
tags/
branches/

to:

trunk/
     pom.xml
     core/...
tags/
branches/
examples/trunk/
     ...   [A]
domain-libs/trunk/
     ...   [B]

I realize this isn't quite symmetrical, but I think I'd like to have
"trunk" where it is (ie
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/isis/trunk rather than
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/isis/framework/trunk or some
such).

If anyone has any objections, let me know.  I'll not do anything for the
next 72 hours or so, to give everyone chance to read this and respond
(ie 72 hour lazy consensus).

Thanks
Dan