From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis release candidate 0.1.2-RC3-incubating
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 07:27:05 GMT

On 05/06/2011 11:25, Mike Burton wrote:
> 1.  When I built the quickstart archetype, as per Quickstart Guide...
> I needed to run mvn in a directory that doesn't have a pom.xml in it, as per your earlier
suggestion, does this need documenting?
> ie when I did:
> mvn archetype:generate  \
>       -D archetypeGroupId=org.apache.isis \
>       -D archetypeArtifactId=quickstart-archetype \
>       -D groupId=com.mycompany \
>       -D artifactId=myapp
> I got:
>    Failed to validate POM for project com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin at Artifact
[com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:pom:2.0.8]
> So I did  mkdir tmp; cd tmp   then repeated the above, all good.
I've added a sentence to the site's (on both where-to-start.apt and
quickstart.apt).

> 2. When I ran the quickstart achetype
> Quickstart Guide says cd quickstart, but actually need to cd examples/quickstart
> Exploring this, the Quickstart Guide says ToDoItem.java is in the dom module. It is in
examples/quickstart/dom/src/main/java/dom/todo/ToDoItem.java
> which is pretty much obvious.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious.  But I've added a note to say that
ToDoItem.java is in src/main/java (on quickstart.apt).

Thanks again for reviewing the release.

Dan