From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis release candidate 0.1.2-RC3-incubating
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 18:19:54 GMT

On 05/06/2011 15:53, Kevin Meyer - KMZ wrote:
> I fetched the src from the location mentioned[1] and verified the source
> against the provided signature.
>

> *) Removed all traces of Isis from my repository and have performed a
> successful "mvn -o clean install".
>
> However, when I try a full site build (as per the sanity check site[2]): I
> get a failure: The build is looking for
> "org.apache.isis.skins:classic-skin:jar:0.1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT"
> Even installing the site-skin manually doesn't work - there is a version
> mismatch.
You are right; the src/site/site.xml, which defines the site in the
parent module and is inherited by all child modules, wasn't updated
correctly.  Looks like this needs to be a manual update step.

I'll update the contributors guide on this, but I'd like to ask that
this isn't a showstopper for the release; it's "only" the generation of
the site, which isn't something that  non-contributors would care about.

> Searching all the pom.xml files, I find numerous matches to
> <version>0.1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>  [3]
>
> Is this expected? I would have expected these sources to only refer to
> themself (0.1.2 RC3)?
This is perhaps confusing, but it *is* expected ... these are just the
examples, which are not part of the distribution (they are not
referenced from the parent module).

What I would like to do is to move the examples into another trunk...
something to discuss in a different thread.

> I'll wait until I get resolution before continuing.
>
> Finally, from a code style point (if you want to be pedantic), I'm finding
> that at least some of these pom.xml don't have *nix line endings.. [c.f
> 13.1.3. UNIX line file endings (for pom.xml files) of [2]]
Fair enough.  I might switch to preparing the release on *nix rather
than Cygwin in the future; those ^Ms are really ugly.