From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis release candidate 0.1.2-RC3-incubating
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 14:53:37 GMT
I fetched the src from the location mentioned[1] and verified the source
against the provided signature.

I have met Dan, confirmed his identity and am happy that the signature
matches Dan's apache ID.

Having extracted the downloaded source into a new directory, I then:

*) Removed all traces of Isis from my repository and have performed a
successful "mvn -o clean install".

However, when I try a full site build (as per the sanity check site[2]): I
get a failure: The build is looking for
"org.apache.isis.skins:classic-skin:jar:0.1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT"
Even installing the site-skin manually doesn't work - there is a version
mismatch.

Searching all the pom.xml files, I find numerous matches to
<version>0.1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version> [3]

Is this expected? I would have expected these sources to only refer to
themself (0.1.2 RC3)?

I'll wait until I get resolution before continuing.

Finally, from a code style point (if you want to be pedantic), I'm finding
that at least some of these pom.xml don't have *nix line endings.. [c.f
13.1.3. UNIX line file endings (for pom.xml files) of [2]]

Regards,
Kevin

[1] http://people.apache.org/~danhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC3-incubating-source-release.zip
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/isis-0.1.2-RC3-incubating/docbkx/html/guide/ch13.html#sec.SanityCheck
[3] find -name pom.xml -exec grep -l "0.1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT" '{}' \;
./domain-libs/email-service/pom.xml
./domain-libs/pom.xml
./examples/claims/dom/pom.xml
./examples/claims/fixture/pom.xml
./examples/claims/objstore-default/pom.xml
./examples/claims/pom.xml
./examples/claims/quickrun/pom.xml
./examples/claims/viewer-bdd/pom.xml
./examples/claims/viewer-html/pom.xml
./examples/claims/viewer-restful/pom.xml
./examples/claims/viewer-scimpi/pom.xml
./examples/claims/viewer-wicket/pom.xml
./examples/ecs/pom.xml
./examples/groovy-testapp/claims/commandline/pom.xml
./examples/groovy-testapp/claims/dom/pom.xml
./examples/groovy-testapp/claims/fixture/pom.xml
./examples/groovy-testapp/claims/pom.xml
./examples/groovy-testapp/claims/service/pom.xml
./examples/groovy-testapp/claims/webapp/pom.xml
./examples/library/pom.xml
./examples/metamodel-examples/jsr303/pom.xml
./examples/metamodel-examples/namefile/pom.xml
./examples/orders/pom.xml
./examples/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/dom/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/fixture/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/objstore-default/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/quickrun/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/tests-bdd/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/tests-junit/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-html/bin/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-html/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-restful/bin/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-restful/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-scimpi/bin/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-scimpi/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-wicket/bin/pom.xml
./examples/quickstart/viewer-wicket/pom.xml
./examples/shopping-cart/cart/pom.xml
./examples/shopping-cart/catalogue/pom.xml
./examples/shopping-cart/pom.xml
./examples/shopping-cart/shopping/pom.xml