From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis release candidate 0.1.2-RC3-incubating
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 11:35:27 GMT
  +1

On Jun 5, 2011, at 6:25 AM, Mike Burton <mikeb@mycosystems.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Looks like you've been very busy and hopefully got there now, well done!
>
> I verified the RC3 release, strictly following the quickstart guide as a newcomer would.
> I encountered 2 issues which I don't think invalidate the release, but I'll mention them
here anyway:

> 1.  When I built the quickstart archetype, as per Quickstart Guide...
> I needed to run mvn in a directory that doesn't have a pom.xml in it, as per your earlier
suggestion, does this need documenting?
> ie when I did:
> mvn archetype:generate  \
>     -D archetypeGroupId=org.apache.isis \
>     -D archetypeArtifactId=quickstart-archetype \
>     -D groupId=com.mycompany \
>     -D artifactId=myapp
> I got:
>  Failed to validate POM for project com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin at Artifact
[com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:pom:2.0.8]
> So I did  mkdir tmp; cd tmp   then repeated the above, all good.
>
> 2. When I ran the quickstart achetype
> Quickstart Guide says cd quickstart, but actually need to cd examples/quickstart
> Exploring this, the Quickstart Guide says ToDoItem.java is in the dom module. It is in
examples/quickstart/dom/src/main/java/dom/todo/ToDoItem.java
> which is pretty much obvious.
>
> To be absolutely thorough one might review the documentation in light of the above, depending
how much we want to leave developers to work it out / search the lists etc.

> I also fixed the earlier Maven2 issue I had, see separate post. Again this seemed to
be a config issue but I guess others may encounter it. I don't think this needs updates to
the documentation, it references the email list which people can search.

> Thanks again for all your hard work!
>
> Best Regards
>
> Mike Burton
> Myco Systems Ltd
> 01753 893390
> 17 Criss Grove, Gerrards Cross, BUCKS, SL9 9HG
> Registered in England No 1832705
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

> On 4 Jun 2011, at 07:25, Dan Haywood wrote:
>
>> Third time lucky!
>>
>> I've staged a release candidate for Apache Isis, namely 0.1.2-RC3-incubating.
>>
>> This release differs from the previous in that ISIS-97 has been addressed [1].
>>
>> The signed source ZIP can be downloaded from my home directory on people.apache.org:
>> * http://people.apache.org/~danhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC3-incubating-source-release.zip
<http://people.apache.org/%7Edanhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC3-incubating-source-release.zip>
(zip file), and
>> * http://people.apache.org/~danhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC3-incubating-source-release.zip.asc