From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error: No resource found: installer-registry.properties
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 07:18:06 GMT
Hi Kevin,
I've had this issue a few times myself, but a mvn clean install seems to
fix it.

To answer your question... installer-registry.properties is not a new
file, though it was renamed a few months ago (it used to have a somewhat
obscure name, can't quite remember what).

Anyway, the point of installer-registry.properties is to provide a
lookup from name -> class for the various components that the default
runtime (oai.runtimes:dflt module) bootstraps.  In other words, when you
type Isis --viewer dnd, the "dnd" is used to lookup the "Installer" (ie
component factory) that implements ViewerInstaller and can be used to
instantiate said viewer.  Ditto for --persistor sql, and so on.

You'll find the file itself hidden away in src/main/resources for
(oai.runtimes.dflt:runtime), ie
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/isis/trunk/runtimes/dflt/runtime/src/main/resources/org/apache/isis/runtimes/dflt/runtime/installer-registry.properties.

We load it from the classpath (hence in src/main/resources).

HTH
Dan

On 13/04/2011 19:05, Kevin Meyer - KMZ wrote:
> Hmm... looks like something was out of sync. I did a "mvn clean
> install" on trunk, and the error seems to have gone away!
>

> On 13 Apr 2011 at 19:34, Kevin Meyer - KMZ wrote:
>
>> I was trying to demonstrate the quick-start example on Monday, and
>> had the following launch error:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.isis.core.commons.exceptions.IsisException:
No resource found: installer-registry.properties