From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Adding support for documents and pictures as a value type.. ?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:51:18 GMT

I see that there is an oai.applib.value.Image value type and value
semantics provider, to support byte[][] arrays (generic images, I
guess).

But what would be required to support embedded documents with, I
suppose, MIME types that could be used to call out to system handlers
to load and display (e.g. a PDF document will be opened by Acrobat or
evince, or whatever)?

I am particularly thinking about the browser client-side resources to
handle this in the HTML / Wicket / Scimpi viewers... where there
should be mechanisms to "open/download", "update/upload".

For images, I have a mental picture of an icon (thumbnail view) being
immediately visible on the viewer - as a clickable link. Clicking on the
link would fetch the actual document. Does this break the Isis viewer
paradigm?

I guess the iconName() method could be used to return the
thumbnail... then the "value" would be actual content, and handled by
the browser already (provided the correct content type was sent to the
browser?).

Is this straight forward? really tricky?

What about "browse..." & "upload" buttons to sent content?