From Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>
Subject Re: Build
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 18:15:58 GMT
Hi Dan,

Re my earlier error with servlet-api-2.5.jar I tried your suggestion,
 I deleted the ~/.m2/.../2.5 folder so that Maven would re-fetch it, but got the same error.
Looking back through the build output for when it downloaded servlet-api-2.5.jar (from https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/javax.servlet/jars/
) it got a "checksum failed" error.

So I downloaded servlet-api-2.5.jar also .pom and also the .sha1 files for them both, from
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.5/ instead, into my Maven repository.

Now  mvn clean install -D modules=all -o  works. I just get one test failure:
/tmp/concordion/org/apache/isis/support/prototype/stories/NewClaimDefaultsOkStory.html
Successes: 17, Failures: 1

Best Regards

Mike Burton
Myco Systems Ltd
01753 893390
17 Criss Grove, Gerrards Cross, BUCKS, SL9 9HG
Registered in England No 1832705

On 19 Nov 2010, at 11:07, Dan Haywood wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> thx for taking the time... within
>
> On 19/11/2010 10:28, Mike Burton wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Just built on my Mac, using Maven 2.2.1 and JDK 1.6.0_22
> +1.
>
> BTW, I think the standard build ("clean install") should work on Maven 3.0 (Vango reported
as such), but my understanding is that mvn 3.0 has rejigged the way that the site plugin works,
so "site-deploy" won't.  There's a JIRA ticket for this [3] ... until we tackle it, I think
we should say that Maven 2.2.1 is the only version of Maven we're supporting.

>> Apologies if some of these have already been reported...
>>
>> 1. mvn clean install  succeeds, but some test failures in alternatives/objectstore/nosql/target/surefire-reports:
>>  org.apache.isis.alternatives.objectstore.nosql.DestroyObjectCommandImplementationTest.txt
>>  org.apache.isis.alternatives.objectstore.nosql.NoSqlObjectStoreTest.txt
>>  org.apache.isis.alternatives.objectstore.nosql.ObjectReaderTest.txt
>>  org.apache.isis.alternatives.objectstore.nosql.SerialKeyCreatorTest.txt
>>  org.apache.isis.alternatives.objectstore.nosql.SystemTest.txt
>>  org.apache.isis.alternatives.objectstore.nosql.WriteObjectCommandTest.txt
> Not sure, "works for me".
>
> Rob, any clues?
>

>> 2.  mvn clean install -D modules=all
>> [ERROR] error: error reading /Users/mikeburton/.m2/repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.5/servlet-api-2.5.jar;
cannot read zip file
> This looks like a corruption in your local Maven repo.  Just delete that JAR (or even
the "2.5" directory) to force Maven to download again.

> Once you do get a clean build, I recommend "-o" to speed up subsequent builds.
>

>> 3. mvn site-deploy -D modules=standard -D site=full -D deploy=local
>> [INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template : VM_global_library.vm
>> [ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource
loader.
>> .. Cobertura... [INFO] There are 3 checkstyle errors.
> Don't worry about checkstyle stuff just yet... we'll tackle that later on.
>

>> Missing: com.java:jimi:jar:1.0
>>  for artifact:   com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.8
>>
> It's necessary to install the JIMI jar first.  There is a note in the trunk/pom.xml,
but I've also just updated the BuildProcess page on the wiki [1] to document this as a prereq

>> 4. For completeness we need to add this to beginning of build instructions:
>>
>> Make a directory and download the software into it:
>>    svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/isis/trunk .
>>
> Done, in [2]
>
>> Allocate sufficient memory for the JVM, to avoid heap space error in Maven:
>>   export MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m
>>   //TODO  or the Windows equivalent
>>
> This is documented already, in [2]
>
>> Maybe add   svn  to list of prerequisites? or is that too obvious?
> Done, in [2]
>

>> Mike
> Mike ... if you haven't already, register on the wiki and send a mail here to isis-dev
to get write permissions.  Mark is the man with the karma to hand out the karma.  Then you
can make any updates directly yourself ;-)