From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reports
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:32:17 GMT
Cool, for the demo demonstration thing, It would be better if you
could record a video that you share and we can watch. I would say to
have a Skype call, but I am not sure about that ?

Wdyt guys. for me I would go for both, that is Mike upload a demo
video and we have a call for a private presentation about it, ideas ?

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Mike Burton <mikeb@mycosystems.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Nour,
>
> I could put together a demo of how I do it at present, to give ideas of whether and how
Isis could do similar.

> My current approach is to use Seam+RichFaces for the UI, and JasperReports for the report,
using the paid-for Jasper Assistant to do the report design / layout. For XLS and CSV I create
a second report layout that has no headings or totals etc.
> I think JasperReports would be OK to use in Isis from a licensing pov? See http://fecplanner.com/jasperreports/docs/license.html
>
> I'm currently working on an example that would make a good demo. I have finished the
UI, I could attach a link to it if you like, or the image itself, what would be best (do we
have a standard re attached images in emails?)

> Best regards
>
> Mike Burton
>

> On 10 Dec 2010, at 14:20, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike...
>>
>>   I think this would be great, do you have any code which you can show a demo ?
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Mike Burton <mikeb@mycosystems.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hi Folks (mainly Dan),
>>>
>>> I'm posting this to the list rather than private email, but feel free to correct
my "list etiquette", I'm conscious to balance openness/ wide circulation  against  keeping
the list short and on-topic.

>>> To improve my understanding of Isis and to establish new potential features,
I'm adopting a "devil's advocate" approach by looking at features I add to my projects and
asking "can (or should) Isis do this"

>>> In this way I thought of _reports_, with filtering, sub/totals, and output to
PDF/ CDR/ XLS.
>>> The data to report on may be Domain Objects, or joins / query results (perhaps
"ViewModels" ie similar to "Views" in database parlance.)

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour