From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reports
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:20:30 GMT
Hi Mike...

   I think this would be great, do you have any code which you can show a demo ?

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Mike Burton <mikeb@mycosystems.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Folks (mainly Dan),
>
> I'm posting this to the list rather than private email, but feel free to correct my "list
etiquette", I'm conscious to balance openness/ wide circulation  against  keeping the list
short and on-topic.

> To improve my understanding of Isis and to establish new potential features, I'm adopting
a "devil's advocate" approach by looking at features I add to my projects and asking "can
(or should) Isis do this"

> In this way I thought of _reports_, with filtering, sub/totals, and output to PDF/ CDR/
XLS.
> The data to report on may be Domain Objects, or joins / query results (perhaps "ViewModels"
ie similar to "Views" in database parlance.)

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

than your best."