From Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>
Subject Reports
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:41:03 GMT
Hi Folks (mainly Dan),

I'm posting this to the list rather than private email, but feel free to correct my "list
etiquette", I'm conscious to balance openness/ wide circulation  against  keeping the list
short and on-topic.

To improve my understanding of Isis and to establish new potential features, I'm adopting
a "devil's advocate" approach by looking at features I add to my projects and asking "can
(or should) Isis do this"

In this way I thought of _reports_, with filtering, sub/totals, and output to PDF/ CDR/ XLS.
The data to report on may be Domain Objects, or joins / query results (perhaps "ViewModels"
ie similar to "Views" in database parlance.)

How would Isis approach this?

Best regards

Mike Burton