From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject apache-extras
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:00:33 GMT
Hi Mark,
I see you tweeted about the new apache-extras.org site [1]

I had set up isis-contrib on sourceforge for the same purpose.  No work
has been done there to date though.  What do we think about setting up a
new site under apache-extras instead?

I'm thinking of three projects we could move there immediately:
- the JPA objectstore (has an LGPL dependency)
- the FitNesse BDD integration (has a GPL dependency)
- the BerkeleyDB objectstore (has a Sleepycat License dedendency, also
category-x)

In addition, it would be a place for Mike Burton to work on his facelets
viewer (and perhaps Vango for his JavaFX viewer if his university allows
it).  This would give visibility to the rest of the community, ie better
information for potentially accepting those viewers formally into the
Isis codebase and voting them in as committers as a later date.

Questions
1. do we create a singleproject (cf the "wicketstuff" website that
Wicket has)
2. do we create different projects, similar to my old sister projects, or
3. what name?  "isis-extras" seems like the obvious one to me.

Thoughts?
Dan

[1]
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_launches