From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: switch from no to isis?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 12:34:56 GMT
On 06/12/2010 10:35, Michael Schommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope I write to the correct mailing list.
>
> I'm new to naked objects,
Welcome, nice to see you here.

> inspired by Dan Haywood's great book.
Thank you very much!

> Is it possible to switch to Apache Isis before the release of version 0.1?
> I have checked out Isis and built it, but the archetypes for the start
> still does not exist, right?
You're right, it's on the todo list.  I'm hoping to work on them this
week.  In the meantime, your best bet is to use the support/prototype
app as a starting point and hack around as required.

> Another question:
> Is it possible to use a service in an Authenticator? I have tried to
> inject a service to the AuthenticationManagerInstaller, but that did
> not work.
That's a good question, to which the answer, as you say, is no.  The
rationale is that (at least as I see it), domain services are things
that domain objects know about (are "application" level things, whereas
Authenticators are system-level framework-y things.

I'm guessing that you have some existing security infrastructure that
you want to hook into?  How about writing your own Authenticator to call
this?  It's easy enough to do (happy to provide guidance if need be).

Cheers
Dan