From "Kevin Meyer" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:11:11 GMT

Hmm - I'd have to disagree - unless maintainer means something else
in "Developer English", to me, a maintainer (again) does work, and
possibly "owns", whereas co-ordinator just co-ordinates. ;)

In this case, the [insert word here] *are* currently actively doing
the work, but this need not always be the case... and the goal is
to get to the stage where the [insert word here] (at most) oversees
the contributions and ensures that the module functionality is not
being compromised/degraded (for example)..

But yes, they are also the first point of contact, should anyone
require help regarding either usage (as an application developer) or
guidance (as a framework developer).

Finally, if someone breaks a module, a maintainer would be expected
to fix it, but a co-ordinator would just tell the person who broke it
to do so! ;0

What do you think?

co-ordinate[1]: to synchronise
maintain[2]: to keep up; to preserve

PS: A lot of tongue in cheek, in case you were wondering, but
I do prefer coordinator of maintainer, for the stated reasons.

[1] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/coordinate
[2] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/maintain