From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: New version of site - please upload
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:19:34 GMT
Let's remember that we need to make Isis easy to build for our users,
too.  This sounds complicated.  This isn't the usual way you would
build stuff with Maven.  Folks don't usually use the -o option.  Why
is that required (as asked before)?  When people download a
maven-based project, they'll typically just do "mvn install".
Hopefully all this craziness is just for the site building.  I'm cool
with that being complicated, but we should try our best to make it
easy for our own sake at least.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 3:32 AM, Dan Haywood <dkhaywood@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nour,
> Thanks for doing this, but there are still problems with the links.  That
> said, I am pretty sure that I have things fixed up.
>
> One thing it might be that caused it to build incorrectly for you is that
> maybe you didn't do a regular build before the site deploy?  I noticed this
> as an issue when I was working on fixing the site this weekend.
>
> Can you try to build the site again, following these steps:
>
> 1. mvn clean install -o
> 2. mvn site-deploy -D modules=standard -D deploy=local -o
> 3. navigate to /tmp/m2-sites/isis/index.html, and check out the links... in
> particular, go to any submodule, then try to navigate back using either the
> breadcrumbs or the "Isis Modules" links on the LHS
> 4. mvn site-deploy -D modules=standard -D deploy=local -D site=full -o
> 5. zip up, SFTP/SCP up to people.apache.org and then unzip into /www/...
> etc.
>
> Thanks
> Dan
>

> On 13/11/2010 23:28, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
>>
>> Hey all...
>>
>>    Upload done, please review.
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
>> <nour.mohammad@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey all...
>>>
>>>   Succeeded to build Apache Isis site, but I have to go out now, my
>>> wife is gonna kill me if I didn't :D. I will upload the site when I
>>> get back.

I'm sure our

land upon it.

to do the upload