From dan haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: New version of site - please upload
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:34:07 GMT
To build Isis you *do* use mvn install.  The -o is optional; Isis is big and
so it'll substantially speed things up (Kevin is in South Africa on a very
slow line, so we're mindful of such things).

Things aren't that much more difficult for building the site, it's basically
mvn site-deploy but run with a profile to indicate a local deployment.

Whichever; the full details of building Isis are documented on the wiki
[1].  That page also links to the setup environment as prereqs [2], and to a
smoke test [3] for afterwards.

But as per Nour's other thread, I'll organize a Skype call also to talk
people through this and anything else people want to discuss.

Cheers
Dan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/BuildProcess
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/SettingUpDevelopmentEnvironment
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/SmokeTest

On 14 November 2010 14:19, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> Let's remember that we need to make Isis easy to build for our users,
> too.  This sounds complicated.  This isn't the usual way you would
> build stuff with Maven.  Folks don't usually use the -o option.  Why
> is that required (as asked before)?  When people download a
> maven-based project, they'll typically just do "mvn install".
> Hopefully all this craziness is just for the site building.  I'm cool
> with that being complicated, but we should try our best to make it
> easy for our own sake at least.
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 3:32 AM, Dan Haywood <dkhaywood@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Nour,
> > Thanks for doing this, but there are still problems with the links.  That
> > said, I am pretty sure that I have things fixed up.
> >
> > One thing it might be that caused it to build incorrectly for you is that
> > maybe you didn't do a regular build before the site deploy?  I noticed
> this
> > as an issue when I was working on fixing the site this weekend.
> >
> > Can you try to build the site again, following these steps:
> >
> > 1. mvn clean install -o
> > 2. mvn site-deploy -D modules=standard -D deploy=local -o
> > 3. navigate to /tmp/m2-sites/isis/index.html, and check out the links...
> in
> > particular, go to any submodule, then try to navigate back using either
> the
> > breadcrumbs or the "Isis Modules" links on the LHS
> > 4. mvn site-deploy -D modules=standard -D deploy=local -D site=full -o
> > 5. zip up, SFTP/SCP up to people.apache.org and then unzip into /www/...
> > etc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dan
> >

> > On 13/11/2010 23:28, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey all...
> >>
> >>    Upload done, please review.

> we
> wondering