From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slight change to way of doing build and site
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:44:18 GMT
Hi Nour,
I think it's a case of, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  It's needed
as a prereq for docbkx-maven-plugin in order to embed images in our PDF
docs.

It's annoying, I admit, to have to install the JIMI file manually.  But
from a quick google it looks like JAI would also need to be installed
manually.

I had a quick google, and found the same issue mentioned in the parent
POM for OpenJPA [1] (nb: OpenJPA is one of Mark's projects).

I couldn't find anything to say that jimi has been deprecated, but if
you want to raise a JIRA ticket re: moving to JAI instead, be my guest.
It might be very simple to do (see [1]).

Cheers
Dan

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/sandboxes/osgi/openjpa-project/pom.xml