From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reworking of the logo, in SVG.
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:48:19 GMT
Hi Mike,
Not sure I'm wedded to that font either.

I was thinking of using the original font from the naked objects logo
(see http://nakedobjects.org/), but didn't know it's name.  Then I had
this thought about something with a slightly Egyptian feel.  In the end
went with something that'd make interesting shapes against the backdrop.

~~~
Regarding the feathering, I'm not so keen.  I think that the shapes want
to be clean, so that they scale well.  I've changed to using curves
because I was trying to get it so that that the feel of the logo overall
is reminiscent of a wing.

Thanks for the input, please feel free to play around with the logo
yourself.  Inkscape has a bit of a learning curve, but it's pretty good,
and cross platform.

Cheers
Dan

On 10/11/2010 07:18, Mike Burton wrote:
> Sorry Dan but I don't like the font. I like the feathers though, maybe they could be
"featherised" ie towards Nour's suggestion. I like the font on Nour's too, but just put "Isis"
as you have, not "Apache"

> Mike
>

> On 10 Nov 2010, at 01:48, Dan Haywood<dkhaywood@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> my 6th idea for a logo, at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/LogoIdeas
>>
>> I'm not sure I like it more than the one we're using (my 1st idea), but at least
it is in SVG so should be editable/tweakable by everyone (use Inkscape as the editor).